Luke 4:16-21 Paraphrased:
Jesus was reading in the Temple. He read that The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, He anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, heal the brokenhearted, deliver the captives, heal the blind, liberate them that are bruised. Preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he sat down. He stopped reading where He did because, this is the breaking-off point between the First coming of Jesus and His Second Coming. Start reading there to find out about His second coming. So start reading in Isaiah 61:1 and read to the middle of the second verse. That is what Jesus read.
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord (Adonai) God is upon me; because the LORD (Yahweh)hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound
That was a description of the first coming of Christ.
Here is the description of the second coming of Christ.
- and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
- To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, (Yahweh) that they might be glorified (boast).
- And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
- And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
- But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: (Yahweh) men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory (heavy riches) shall ye boast yourselves.
- For your shame ye shall have double: and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.
- For I the LORD (Yahweh) love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
- And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD (Yahweh) hath blessed.
- I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, (Yahweh) my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorned herself with her jewels.
- For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.
- For Zion’s sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
- And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory (heavy riches): and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD (Yahweh) shall name.
- Thou shalt also be a crown of glory (communication) in the hand of the LORD (Yahweh), and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.
- Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephziba, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD (Yahweh) delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
- For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
- I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD (Yahweh), keep not silence,
- And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
- The LORD (Yahweh) hath sworn by his right hand, and by the arm of his strength, Surely I will no more give thy corn to be meat for thine enemies; and the sons of the stranger shall not drink thy wine, for the which thou hast labored:
- But they that have gathered it shall eat it, and praise the LORD (Yahweh); and they that have brought it together shall drink it in the courts of my holiness.
- Go through the gates; prepare ye the way of the people; cast up, cast up the highway; gather out the stones; lift up a standard for the people.
- Behold, the LORD (Yahweh) hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
- And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD (Yahweh): and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken.
Wasn’t that beautiful!
Diane Ebaugh Sutton